Sunday, May 6, 2012

Little Things Like Cheese Sandwiches

I'm finally back to reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I started it back in January when the air was crisp and a whole new year was ahead, and then life got the better of me. And that said life has been draining me a bit of recent. I'm stressed often, and I know it shouldn't be that way. I'm so glad I picked up this wonderful little book again. So many beautiful things to ponder...

"And when I give thanks for the seemingly microscopic, I make a place for God to grow within me." - One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp

There is something so pure and pleasing to the soul to give thanks - even for the little things in life. It centers you. It allows grace to flow and joy to abound.

1. The twinkle of a little man's eyes as he smiles at me
2. Moonlight through lace curtains
3. Baby girl twirling in her dress
4. Living room blanket tents
5. Cardinals fluttering on my back porch
6. Half eaten cheese sandwiches made by little hands

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - "In Everything give thanks..."

By the way, Ms. Voskamp's website, A Holy Experience, has a daily blog. Awesome food for thought. I love her simple beautiful posts. And I love that she often calls herself The Farmer's Wife.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Really enjoying the book and making my own list. I find it makes me look at things differently.

      Delete
  2. This is so true. When I look at the good positive things in life the stressful things seem smaller.

    ReplyDelete