Friday, June 29, 2012

Joy Stealing Stress

Stress. Yep, it's been weaving its way through my days of late. I don't know why I let it creep in - it's never good for me. My job stresses me out. My family stresses me out. My lack of time to get things done around the house stresses me out.

I was up at 2:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Well at least I got some much needed things done around the house - blessing in the sleeplessness. It's almost 6 now, the dishwasher is swishing in the background and I finally have sat down and picked up something to read as I wait for the morning to greet me - One Thousand Gifts once again. I'm actually about 3/4 the way through the book, which is amazing given my lack of down time of late.

I open to page 146 and it starts with stress and how it's very much a joy stealer. Well then. I love how God meets us exactly where we are and nudges us in the most gentle ways. Okay, Big Guy, I hear ya.

1 comment:

  1. Yay :)
    Maybe you need a play date with me. The kids can play too :)

    ReplyDelete