Monday, January 23, 2012

It's National Pie Day

So today is National Pie Day! I'm curious why one would choose to have a national pie day in January. Seems to me it would be a better fit for June or July or even September, but I guess any day is a good day for pie. Flaky crust with delicious fillings. Strawberry pie, blueberry pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie, coconut cream pie, chocolate silk pie, sugar cream pie, pecan pie...man is there even such a thing a bad pie? Even pot pie is delicious.

Well seeing how my blog is called Sugar Pie Blessings, I thought it only fitting to celebrate National Pie Day! And out of all the sugar pies out there, I do believe I have the sweetest...little man and baby girl. The best sugar pies that have ever crossed my path! Two perfectly scrumptious, wholesome, sweet to the core little people. I make a point to savor each and every moment I can with them, just like a slice of sugar cream pie.

And if you have never had an actual sugar cream pie, you are missing out on a little slice of heaven. It's my absolute favorite and an old fashioned Midwest favorite too. It's actual the state pie of Indiana. Smart Hoosiers! It's made from simple ingredients - cream, butter, sugar, flour, vanilla and nutmeg. Maybe one day I'll attempt to make my own, but until then I'll leave it to the professionals and savor each delightful bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment